We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized, self-starter to join Inertia’s growing team as a Business Development Representative. We’ll help you build your career in sales of business-to-business professional services while working in an exciting and collaborative environment where a diverse range of complex new products are designed, engineered, and manufactured with quality and customer satisfaction always top of mind.
Who we are looking for
- a degree or diploma in business or a relevant combination of a technical discipline with business experience.
- minimum 2 years work experience in front-line B2B sales, sales support, or customer service (selling professional services is preferred vs. sales of a product).
- experience working directly with external customers and/or suppliers and successfully balancing all stakeholder needs.
- a commitment to providing excellence in customer service and the experiences to prove it.
- strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills with the ability to influence decision makers at all levels.
- strong skills, aptitude, and interest in conducting market research and managing information.
- experience (and enjoy) working with software tools and technology, including CRM software, MS Office applications, JIRA and WordPress.
- consistent track record of overachieving.
- a phenomenal attitude and proven ability to work constructively with a team.
You are someone who:
- is committed to pursuing a career in sales and business development.
- enjoys and understands the technical but loves project and client management even more.
- isn’t afraid of picking up the phone to talk with prospective clients and working to understand and exceed their expectations.
- is a persuasive communicator and can effectively facilitate discussions toward constructive results.
- listens intently and reacts with careful confidence and humility.
- always seems to know the right thing to do (or can figure it out) and jumps in to get it done – but also knows when to seek help.
- is great at communicating ideas – be it visually, verbally and/or in writing.
- likes to gather facts. You use them to help evaluate ideas and make decisions on what’s best for the product and the customer.
- is the first to take on responsibility, the last to take credit (everyone gives it to you anyway).
- has a proven ability to develop constructive relationships with all key internal and external partners.
- demonstrates effective decision-making and exercises sound judgment.
- can work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently without your ego getting in the way.
- can effectively highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions.
- has the persistence and resourcefulness to overcome project obstacles and drive to resolution.
- can tactfully and effectively address concerns or conflicts openly within the team and with customers.
- can deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward.
- wants to make a real and positive impact on the people around you and the world at large.
- does whatever it takes to get the job done. Without being asked.
As a Business Development Representative reporting to the President, you will be responsible for inbound prospect qualification, lead generation, professional community outreach, and CRM administration.
Specifically, you will:
- provide a world-class customer experience to inquiries via multiple channels including phone, website, and email.
- manage prospective client inquiries including scheduling and leading discovery calls to determine Inertia / client fit and capturing relevant prospect information.
- research and analyze tradeshow conference attendees to identify potential accounts for sales outreach and understand opportunities for Inertia to support their product development efforts.
- when required, attend tradeshows / conferences / meetups along with members of the team to represent Inertia within our professional communities and help connect with prospective clients.
- contribute to building new relationships within the business ecosystem to bring attention to Inertia – from start-up accelerators, to venture capital firms, to industry trade organizations, meet-ups. etc.
- assist with hunting for new business opportunities to grow the sales pipeline, including reaching out to prospects by making outbound cold calls and managing email campaigns.
- administer and maintain meticulous records in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, inputting and organizing new leads into the system and troubleshooting errors.
- source and manage prospecting lists, working closely with the Marketing team to research, segment and update records for outreach campaigns.
- support the continuous improvement of our sales and client experience processes within an ISO environment.
- develop and encourage strong peer relationships across various departments and geographies.
- use Inertia’s Quality Management System to guide daily work.
- actively support and promote workplace health, safety, and wellness.
- perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Inertia is a world-class team of new product design, engineering, and manufacturing experts, driven by results and obsessed with quality and customer service.
Our mission is to partner with product innovators to transform their dreams into thriving businesses. We offer a full suite of product development services including market research, design, engineering, and manufacturing management – all to ensure our clients have what they need to successfully bring their products to market.
Inertia collaborates with clients across a variety of industries – from medical devices to sports wearables, to internet connected devices. Ranging from start-ups to multinationals, our customers share the drive to develop innovative products. They recognize the value and capacity of Inertia to help them bring their ideas to reality, and into customers’ hands – see examples of our work at www.inertiapd.com.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Our people are our single biggest advantage. We have a talented and motivated team looking for more great people to work and grow with. We’ve built an amazing culture on a foundation of openness, service, and integrity – that also makes for a great place to work. Inertia ranks #1 on the 2021 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list for companies <50 employees, based on our practices and survey results from all Inertia employees.
If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, learn more about our values at www.inertiapd.com. If you feel your values fit with ours, then we’re off to a great start…
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits are just the start. At Inertia you will have the opportunity to create your own experience, build the kind of career you want, and help build the kind of company you want to be part of. You’ll be treated as a part of the team from day one.
We create truly unique products and outstanding customer experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of the customer journey, from first contact through to product delivery as Inertia works in all stages of the product development process.
We are big believers in continuous growth. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow, maybe more than any company you’ve ever worked with (our employees have told us so).
Friendliness and smarts are not mutually exclusive at Inertia. You’ll work with a diverse group of world-class team members that are open, collaborative, friendly and even a little whacky at times.
Inertia is committed to building a diverse team and providing a safe and inclusive workplace. We are continually learning and growing, including in our efforts to improve diversity and build equity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Primary Work Location: Hybrid based out of our 34 Kern Road, Unit 3, Toronto, Ontario, Canada office. Must have the ability to commute to the office and attend industry events from time to time. Must be legally permitted to work in Canada. International travel may be required.
Annual Salary: Commensurate with knowledge, skills, experience, and local market conditions.
- Phone screening with Human Resources
- Remote interview with Hiring Manager + Inertia team member
- Remote (potentially in person) interview with 2-3 Inertia team members where you present on a past project
- Offer, subject to reference calls
How to Apply: If this feels like a role and place where you will thrive, please follow the link in this post to submit your application online via https://inertiapd.breezy.hr/.
Learn More: Visit us at www.inertiapd.com and on LinkedIn at Inertia Product Development.