Location: Winnipeg, MB
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
You will join CIBC’s Commercial Banking team to provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions. This role will prepare you for a rewarding career as a Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking and strategic partner to some of Canada’s leading companies. You will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How you’ll succeed
- Business development support – Assist Relationship Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary. Assist with the execution of business development initiatives and contribute to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client.
- Research & evaluation – Assist in evaluating business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation.
- Client experience – Proactively assess your clients’ needs and propose solutions to meet those needs. Interact with assigned clients to facilitate prompt responses to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide “best in class” service. Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs.
Who you are
- You can demonstrate experience in financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis.
- You have a degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You communicate detailed information in a meaningful way.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a benefits program*, defined benefit pension plan*, an employee share purchase plan, a vacation offering, wellbeing support, and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- See additional info at CIBC Career Page
*Subject to plan and program terms and conditions
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Please apply using the link below:
CIBC Employer Awards
- Canada’s Greenest Employers
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers
- CIBC ranked number one in Canada for gender equality by Equileap
- Learn more here