We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized, self-starter to join Inertia’s growing team as a Business Development Representative. We’ll help you build your career in sales of business-to-business professional services while working in an exciting and collaborative environment where a diverse range of complex new products are designed, engineered, and manufactured with quality and customer satisfaction always top of mind.
Who we are looking for
- a degree or diploma in business or a relevant combination of a technical discipline with business experience.
- minimum 2 years work experience in front-line B2B sales, sales support, or customer service (selling professional services is preferred vs. sales of a product).
- experience working directly with external customers and/or suppliers and successfully balancing all stakeholder needs.
- a commitment to providing excellence in customer service and the experiences to prove it.
- strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills with the ability to influence decision makers at all levels.
- strong skills, aptitude, and interest in conducting market research and managing information.
- experience (and enjoy) working with software tools and technology, including CRM software, MS Office applications, JIRA and WordPress.
- consistent track record of overachieving.
- a phenomenal attitude and proven ability to work constructively with a team.
You are someone who:
- is committed to pursuing a career in sales and business development.
- enjoys and understands the technical but loves project and client management even more.
- isn’t afraid of picking up the phone to talk with prospective clients and working to understand and exceed their expectations.
- is a persuasive communicator and can effectively facilitate discussions toward constructive results.
- listens intently and reacts with careful confidence and humility.
- always seems to know the right thing to do (or can figure it out) and jumps in to get it done – but also knows when to seek help.
- is great at communicating ideas – be it visually, verbally and/or in writing.
- likes to gather facts. You use them to help evaluate ideas and make decisions on what’s best for the product and the customer.
- is the first to take on responsibility, the last to take credit (everyone gives it to you anyway).
- has a proven ability to develop constructive relationships with all key internal and external partners.
- demonstrates effective decision-making and exercises sound judgment.
- can work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently without your ego getting in the way.
- can effectively highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions.
- has the persistence and resourcefulness to overcome project obstacles and drive to resolution.
- can tactfully and effectively address concerns or conflicts openly within the team and with customers.
- can deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward.
- wants to make a real and positive impact on the people around you and the world at large.
- does whatever it takes to get the job done. Without being asked.
As a Business Development Representative reporting to the President, you will be responsible for inbound prospect qualification, lead generation, professional community outreach, and CRM administration.
Specifically, you will:
- provide a world-class customer experience to inquiries via multiple channels including phone, website, and email.
- manage prospective client inquiries including scheduling and leading discovery calls to determine Inertia / client fit and capturing relevant prospect information.
- research and analyze tradeshow conference attendees to identify potential accounts for sales outreach and understand opportunities for Inertia to support their product development efforts.
- when required, attend tradeshows / conferences / meetups along with members of the team to represent Inertia within our professional communities and help connect with prospective clients.
- contribute to building new relationships within the business ecosystem to bring attention to Inertia – from start-up accelerators, to venture capital firms, to industry trade organizations, meet-ups. etc.
- assist with hunting for new business opportunities to grow the sales pipeline, including reaching out to prospects by making outbound cold calls and managing email campaigns.
- administer and maintain meticulous records in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, inputting and organizing new leads into the system and troubleshooting errors.
- source and manage prospecting lists, working closely with the Marketing team to research, segment and update records for outreach campaigns.
- support the continuous improvement of our sales and client experience processes within an ISO environment.
- develop and encourage strong peer relationships across various departments and geographies.
- use Inertia’s Quality Management System to guide daily work.
- actively support and promote workplace health, safety, and wellness.
- perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.